Visde's Trainee Application

Visde

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

Yes, 17.6 days.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

Yes, I have been the owner of my own server. I had to stop sinds i got married to my wife and I did not have room in my budget to keep paying for the server.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

Visde #0363

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

- I am 28 years old.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

- Yes, I've been using the forums and server for a while.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

- Yes, The list is quite long but if you want to i can explain this more in depth.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

- Yes, The server uses a type of DIY protection plugin and probably a type of log block to keep track of grief.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

- Yes, Like explained above on point nr 2: I have been the owner of my own server and Enjin web space. Also I used to own a FTB server. (Direwolf)

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

- Yes, Realy good until I ran out of available funds. This was due to me getting married.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

- I want to help the server grow and help the server with various tasks.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

- Something over a year I think.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

- No I have never been banned before in my time playing minecraft/games.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

- Anywhere between 1pm and 11pm. (changes with the hours i have to work/weekend.)

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

- Yes, Help players/staff around the server learning how to be a moderator.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

- Check the area griefed with the provided plugins. Tell the player what the name is of the player who did changes to the area. (in case it was a friend) If the area griefed is severe i would talk to the player in question and if possible ad a note to there account if possible. If multiple cases of grief happen by one player i wound go over into banning the player for grief.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

- Look at there ping in tab bar first. I'f i see there ping is low I would recommend them to check there internet. If this is not the case I would visit there area to see if there is a to high mob count or a redstone contraption making them lag.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

- Depending on the reason.

If someone is hacking I would warn them and tell them to stop. If they do not stop I would kick the player with the message that they need to disable the hack and rejoin the server. If they still use hacks after that ---> Ban-hammer
If someone is griefing I would tell them that this is not allowed on the server. If I catch them again i would give finale warning. If they keep griefing. ---> Ban-hammer
If someone is using bots to flood the server and i find out who it is i would directly go over to kicking with the message of disabling the the hack. If they would rejoin and start again ---> Ban-hammer

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

- Yes. This so that if other staff wants to work on the ban appeal (if needed) they could refer to screen shots and conversations to base there judgement on.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

- I would, this to see how the staff goes about the procedure of a ban appeal. I don't thing ban appeals are something trainee's get to decide about in the beginning.

17. Are you a male or female?

- Male.

18. What is your favorite song?

- I do not really have a favorite song. But i feel like if I have to chose one that i would say Anthony and the Jonsons - hope there's someone

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

- I did not receive a recommendation so far.