TrentHazen's Trainee Application

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server?

At the time of writing this application . . . 2019-06-23_13.19.02.png

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

-On the older version server (Rainbow Nation) I was a Helper for a month or so.

3. What is your discord username?

-UnforgivenTrent#6740 (I am also on the VivacityMC Discord under Rainbow Rank for easy find)

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

-18 Years Old

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

-I have more experience on the server than I do on the forums. On this newer version of the server (1.12.2 into 1.13), I have played for approximately a month. On the older version of the server, I started my Freshman year and played for over a year before taking a 1 year long break from MineCraft.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

-I'm not too sure what's considered a general plugin on this server, but I'm positive I can learn.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

-I do. For example, if a player without permits of flying (Rainbow Rank, Zumtris, or higher Staff ranks) is flying around, the server will notify staff members that "so-and-so" are flying around. There may also be a notification if a player obtains too many diamonds in a certain amount of time.
If the question was on the literal anti-grief system involving the golden shovels, I understand it.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

-As stated in opening question #2, I was helper on Rainbow Nation.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

-When I was younger (maybe 14), I tried creating a Bukkit server just for fun. It didn't exactly go well. I didn't understand world edit and couldn't make it so the spawn was unable to be destroyed by players. You can kinda guess what happened

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

-When players are online asking for help (mostly command related issues) I answer them to the best of capability. I want to be able to have the title of Trainee show in chat because I want it to alert other players that I am someone they can ask for help.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

-On the older version of the server, more than a year (possibly 2). On the newer version of the server, approximately a month.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

-I was banned on Rainbow Nation for a day I believe. I was banned by one of the previous owners (Kat_Lynn I think the name was) for angering that player in a personal chat with him/her.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

-I am usually on sometime after 2:00 PST and/or possibly a little before.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

-A Trainee is someone that is learning how to become a proper staff member for the server. While Trainee is a staff rank, I believe them to be players that are on the threshold of normal player to staff. If the players do not like being a part of staff, they can resign and continue playing as they did before. If they insist on becoming a staff member, they may work themselves up to that position.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

-I would request to teleport to that player. I would take screenshots of the destroyed claim(s). If not already made, I would create a report for the destroyed claim under the "Help" chat on the server if it was not already created by the user. I'm not sure if trainee has access to the certain claim-related commands, so I would request a member of the staff to investigate the claim once (s)he is available.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

-I would ask the player how high/low the set settings are on his/her game. If the settings are as low as they can be, I would ask if the player was able to get optifine, a mod that helps minecraft run at a better fps. If they have that, I would ask if there are any redstone builds nearby. If there are no redstone builds and other users aren't complaining about lag issues, I would conclude that it was either the player's own internet connection, or the player's computer is not compatible with playing minecraft.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

-The magic number is three, of course. If the warnings were about things said in chat, I would temporarily mute someone for 1-5 minutes. Once the third warning came, I would ask other staff members (if they were available) how long I should temporarily ban them for. If there are none available, I would temporarily ban the player for 24 hours and leave a reasoning as to why. If that was a bad decision after all, I would own up to my fault and accept the repercussions I deserved.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

-Of course. Screenshots are a major evidence that should be required for banning. Another would be player testimonies, so it would show that it wasn't the trainee's own negative occurrences with the player, but other players as well.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

- I would. I saved the server's forums as a favorite website for quick and easy access.

17. What is your favorite song?

- That's a difficult question. My favorite song to play on guitar and listen to is Three Days Grace's "Never Too Late." My favorite song to play on bass guitar would be Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Sick Love."

18. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

- Cube_Boss gave me permission to say he'd recommend me for the job.

BlyDoesMC

Staff member
I remember you, you did a great job in the RBN.
You know the server a lot, your application is very detailed and good.
I vouch!

Good luck!
-Bly