Shinobu_San Application

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

-I've been on here for many hours for the past few years. I have been off for a few months because of school.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

-Yes, and, on many servers, a lot of staff members have been wanting me to become staff because I was always on, I was polite, helping, and many other things (from their point of view).

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

-友達のください#5305

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

-I am currently 16. I was born in February 2003.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

-Yes, I have been learning about it for a long time now over the years. On my other account which I forgot the password to, I have been checking forums and the discord server regularly before I left. I try to be on at least 4 hours a day if I can even though school is getting in the way.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

-Yes, I knew/know a lot since the server reset, but I have a lot of experience with the MCMMO plugin on other servers as well as other plugins.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

-Yes, you use a golden shovel to claim your land, and if I remember correctly, a few years ago, you could put signs on chests to secure them. You can claim more blocks by being on the server regularly and also, you can get at least 100 more blocks per hour. You can use the command ./trust [playername] to let them be able to break, build, or use objects in your claimed area and if you want to delete your claim, the command you can use is ./abandonclaim or, ./abandonallclaims.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

-Yes, I have, but I can't really remember which server/service though.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

-No, sadly, I admit I haven't, but I created a realm which kind of was like the same thing. I invited many people to my realm and let them play games, held contests, and other fun activities.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

-I want to be a trainee because I want to watch over the server and make sure nothing goes wrong since I'm going to be on here 24/7 now. I also want to make sure that players time on this server is safe and fun. I want to have some enjoyable times on the server while watching for some bad behavior of other players. I would like to become a staff member again, Minecraft was always apart of my childhood and I want to have some fun with other players like I used to on other servers that I was in the staff team on.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

-3 to 4 years since the server says that it is 5 years old. I am unsure of the month and year but I think I joined in late 2015 when I first came on Minecraft. I took a few months off from summer to this spring because of school and exams. Starting from today I'm going to try to be active, but I am certain I'll be on during the weekends unless my art class and church get in the way. My art class is currently from 12:00 AM to 2:00 PM. It takes about 15 minutes to get there and back so I might be a little late on Saturdays to get on (I'll be on before 12:00 AM though).

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

-I have been banned once on this server only because I told a moderator to ban me for no reason (he also let me go even though I had flying on, which was very nice of him, I was being immature about it back then though), I was being very stupid and I really regret it now. I was banned by a person named CuBe, that's only the part of his name I know.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

-A few hours a day at most (maybe 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM because of school), but like I said before, my art class is currently from 12:00 AM to 2:00 PM. It takes about 15 minutes to get there and back so I might be a little late on Saturdays to get on but, I'll be on before 12:00 AM. I will try to be active a lot, taking breaks here and there.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

-If I can remember or explain correctly, a trainee gains experience of a role, or chosen career, and can learn skills during a training period of time while being watched to see if you can fit into a certain role/rank. Some examples are to monitor the chat and making sure that all players are being appropriate and using acceptable language, assisting players and giving them tips rules, or anything to get them comfortable with the server, attending griefing and hacking situations, and many more. If Trainees want to make sure they are doing the best job they can do, they can ask other higher ranked staff members on their performance. Trainees should be social and of course active, and keep themselves up-to-date with forums, the server, and the discord server.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

-I'd try to figure out what the situation is and if something is not in my ability to do, I will get another staff with either a higher rank or ability to handle the situation. If I have the ability to help, I'd state that I can help the situation and then teleport. Depending on the situation, I would ask what has been griefed and place back the items or objects, and then tell the player to claim the area so the same thing doesn't happen any time soon because obviously the area has not been claimed since it had been griefed, but if it had been claimed, the situation wouldn't have happened. If the player that griefed the area is on, I would either give them a warning or ban them depending on how much, which part, or the reason why the griefed the area.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

-If the server is lagging, that may not be the servers fault and probably their computer (maybe their RAM) or connection. I'd ask the player to either sign off the server and come back in, ask them to log out, or redownload Minecraft. If it's many players are experiencing lag, I'll get another staff to figure out what's going on with the server's machine. From previous experiences, I know that trainee's are not granted permission to fix some lagging problems so I'll make sure to get another staff members tail on it.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

-I would give at least 3 warning to a player (on other applications such as discord, I always run a 3 point warning system) if the player is only doing something small like spamming or griefing, but if a player is being very naughty and saying rude, inappropriate stuff or building stuff that they should not be building, that's only either going to be 1 warning or an immediate temp-ban. If they come back and continue to do the same unacceptable acts again that may, or should result in a ban.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

-I would collect appropriate screenshots of what they built and previous chat logs. If they were doing something to someone and they have a discord, I would contact them through discord to collect some evidence from them. I would also get witnesses to get information from.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

-I would because maybe someone got banned for something they haven't done, or if they were banned by accident. They would need evidence and believable information to back them up before unbanning them.

17. Are you a male or female?

-I was born, a female.

18. What is your favorite song?

-ふ・れ・ん・ど・し・た・い

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

-No, I haven't really mentioned being staff on there yet. Not many staff are usually on there when I'm playing though, but on other servers, staff members have been saying that I should make an application to be a staff member because I have been showing acceptable behavior and would be able to help their server grow. Those servers have been shut down sadly.

I hope you like my application! It took me a few hours to collect information from my past Minecraft experiences, and I hope you will accept me as a member of the staff team ^^. (I haven't checked out many other Trainee applications yet so I'll get right to that!)

(One more thing, I act younger in Minecraft because I want to let out the inner child of me and make everyone laugh and smile, I put everyone before me and hope to brighten up someone’s day with humor 😁).

- Shinobu_San
===============

Last edited:

BlyDoesMC

Staff member
I certainly vouch!

You clearly have much experience on other servers, and that's good! Speaking of good, your application is phenomenal!
My opinion thinks and respects you; you would be a great addition to our team.

Good luck!
-
Bly