Shay's Application

ShayPunter

Administrator
Administrator
Developer
Please note, this application is tailored for a developer position, as that is where my expertise lays, though it can be applied to trainee too. And I know I am developer and admin on the forums, though this is to manage the forums properly, this is for the server :p

General Questions

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line):

- Yes, 3.50 days since the entire reset, though in total, around 2 months of total playtime. (Been on the server since 2016).

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

- I have been:
  1. Developer on Arkquish Network (now renamed to VPixel). I have the tasks of creating game mechanics and anti-cheat software.
  2. Developer on Vanquish Network (a custom OP Prison server). This server has closed, but I had the task of creating their factions server.
  3. I have been a developer for this server before, though resigned due to the amount of time I was able to dedicate was reduced dramatically.
Those are the ones I can remember so far.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

- Shay Punter#0001

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

- I do, I have experience with the features on the server, such as the shops, warps, tiers, ranks etc. And I was the one who created the forums, so yes to that too!

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

- I do, from EssentialsX, LuckPerms, PermissionsEx and a broad range more I have the technical knowledge to use them and configure them/make code edits.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

- I do, when you find a place you love, you do /kit guide, using the golden shovel, right-click one corner of an area you would like to claim then right-click the other corner of your claimable area and you would have claimed that. If you don't have enough claim blocks, you can purchase some using /buyclaimblocks or by spending IRL money using the store with /buy > credits.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

- Yes! Experience is one key area I hold, I have been staff on over 10+ servers within Minecraft, from being a helper to managing an entire server and to being a service member on service teams and in companies whom I have to create software and manage customers ensuring they get a seamless experience with the company.

With the experience in regards to the servers, I hold the most experience in creating and managing servers, ensuring a good game design where players can enjoy themselves and ways to keep them on the server (most notable ones are levelling/progression systems) and making sure everything is smooth sailing.

I do also have experience with managing players, their enquiries, dealing with rule-breakers and borderline offenders too. Most players enquire about getting started on a server, or about specific features, e.g. how to get an item. I have in fact made a getting started to vivacitymc guide that you can read. Rule-breakers are self-explanatory to deal with, upon breaking a rule, you deal with them according to the server guidelines for punishments, this usually involves punishing the rule-breakers for a set amount of time, or indefinitely if its serious enough.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

- I have created several servers myself, and they all have gone great! Though we are talking a good 2 years now since I made my last server and back then, I really sucked at marketing, so I never really got much of a player base on them, though I am hoping to start one on the side, to see how far I have progressed compared to my other attempts.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

- Well more or less, I am looking to be a developer, as my main aim is to create an outstanding experience for players on the server, and I am currently in the process of making a list of areas that I could rework to provide a more fun and addictive experience that players love! Not to mention, to also replace broken plugins and implement custom functionality for the server. (and there are in fact already plugins I have made on the server)

8. How long have you been on the Server?

- I first joined the server in 2016 I believe, in that time, I have occurred approx 2 months of total playtime on the server.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

- I haven't

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

- 7 am - 4pm

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

- Yes, I trainee's job is to provide assistance to the players to answer any enquiries they have and to punish rule-breakers along with being a feature tester.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

- Firstly I will ask questions, such as "is the area claimed", "when do you believe this grief happened" and "is there anyone that is trusted on your claim". Then I would teleport over, use CoreProtect to inspect and see who griefed, report the griefer to the staff (or ban them myself) and perform a rollback on the affected area.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

- You have to first establish that they themselves are not lagging and instead all the players are experiencing lag before. This has happened with the storage issue the server was having about a week ago now. You just have to keep reassuring the players that we are fixing it, as there isn't too much you can do besides restart the server.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

- Three warnings at max

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

- Yes, as if they make a claim stating they haven't offended, you can provide the proof elsewise.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

- No, since that wouldn't be my job - To clear this up, I will check them, but not frequently

17. What is your favorite song?

-

18. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

- If any staff would like to recommend me, feel free too

Last edited:

Abuzz

I vouch shay is a cool dude and id recommend him anytime

And maybe you should check the ban appeals

ShayPunter

Administrator
Administrator
Developer
I vouch shay is a cool dude and id recommend him anytime

And maybe you should check the ban appeals
Thanks! Of course, I would check them periodically, though for the most part my time would be focused on making new features for the server and fixing existing bugs :p