Player RulesWe have these rules to keep and maintain an orderly server. By joining the server, you automatically accept these rules. Be aware that the rules are subject to change without any notification. These rules are up for interpretation by staff members. Keep in mind that you can and will be punished for breaking any of these rules! If you feel that you were unfairly punished, please post a ban appeal on the forums.
1. Please make sure you respect other players! We strive to offer a welcoming Minecraft community for players just like yourself! This includes but is not limited to: Mimicking, mocking or being rude to ANY staff member both whilst they are and after they have used their authority to enforce the rules or whilst trying to handle a situation. Mocking a staff member’s decision will only worsen the situation and possibly get you in trouble. If you feel that the staff member's reaction to the situation is unjust, please use the forums and make a staff report explaining the entire situation.
2. Do not spam or flood the chat. Spamming is defined as sending the same message or chat related command more than 3 times within 10 minutes. Chat-flooding is defined as clogging the chat for the server or any individual player with a string of characters either similar or without order. In addition, do not auction the same nomenclature (item) more than 3 times within 10 minutes.
3. Do not advertise in any chat. Advertising is defined as: Encouraging the use of outside goods or services in exchange for outside currency, goods, or services. Furthermore, the mention of any Minecraft server IP address(es) or URL(s) including a Minecraft server IP address(es) in public chat is strictly forbidden. You may give a server IP in private chat if they ask for it however, attempting to contact players for the sole purpose of sharing details of another server is forbidden.
4. Do not use excessive capital letters! Capital letters are considered excessive when more than 25% of your message consists of capital letters (acronyms are excluded from this count and one word messages are permitted in all caps).
5. Please use only English in global chat. You may speak in other languages only in private messages! This is to prevent other languages from clogging up the chat for players who cannot understand said language.
6. Griefing is NOT allowed in the Over-world, however, it is allowed in the nether and or end. Griefing is defined as (but is not limited to): Intentionally causing unwanted (by the victim) placing, removal, or change of blocks or entities in a location currently or recently (up to 60 days ago) occupied by a player (the victim of the grief) or in the immediate vicinity of the location currently or recently occupied by a player. An area is defined as occupied when a player decides that he wants to occupy it under reasonable circumstance. To clarify, a player may not decide that he is occupying the entire server as that would be unreasonable. Furthermore, if a player decided he was occupying a piece of land, but failed to claim it or make known his occupation, it would not be considered griefing if another player built on it because the original occupier failed to make his occupation known thus it would not be intentional. However, in order to remain considerate, please always try your best to respect other players and their property by not building in an area that a player may have forgotten to claim.
7. Scamming is allowed! However, you may not target staff members to abuse their powers or scam other players for perks in the webstore. “Tricking” players with the intent of hostile actions is prohibited. Such actions are defined as (but are not limited to):
- Using the Unarmed skill (McMMO) to disarm players in a friendly PvP match without the opposing contender knowledge of such possibilities.
- Falsely stating an act of which you have no notion of upholding.
- Stealing is strictly prohibited, even within unclaimed land.
8. Hacking and glitching are not allowed. Hacking is defined as: The use of unauthorized third party software or hardware to gain an unfair advantage over other players. If you are unsure about whether your software or hardware is considered unfair ask a staff member before using it. (The description of “Unfair” is decided by the enforcing staff member’s interpretation). Glitching is defined as exploiting a plugin or other in-game mechanic in a way that it was not designed to gain an unfair advantage.
9. Do not pester or bribe staff members! This includes: Asking for ranks, money, and other perks! Pestering staff members about a mute, jail, kick, or ban is also punishable! This means that you should not repeatedly ask a single or multiple staff members to punish another player or lift a punishment! If you feel a player has broken a server rule, please post a report on the forums.
10. Racist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced remarks and slurs are not allowed! This includes but is not limited to remarks about race, sex, appearance, disabilities or religion! This means that you may not make remarks that directly say or imply that another group of people are inferior! If another player or staff member finds your comment prejudiced or offensive, you may be subject to punishment! For this reason, please be sure that you think carefully before you say something.
11. You may create/build 1x1 towers! However, you must remove them after you are done using them!
12. Do not harass other players! Both verbal and physical harassment is forbidden. Physical harassment is defined as: Killing the same individual or group more than three times within fifteen minutes (self-defence kills do not count, however, killing a player three times then having a friend kill the same player three times does count as harassment, since you are targeting a player and harassing them as a group!) Verbal harassment is defined as: Intentionally causing someone any sort of significant (as determined by staff) distress via chat (public or private). If someone asks you to stop verbally harassing them, please recognise their wishes!
13. Swearing has a very strict policy and it will be censored by the chat filter. If you are found to be loop-holing or attempting to bypass this, you can and will be punished. Please exercise restraint when using profanity.
14. Setting a home in another player’s claimed land is not allowed without their permission! Please make sure to consult the other player and get their permission before setting a home in their territory! Homes may be set 100 blocks away from the border of someone else home! Anything closer will be punishable. Furthermore, you may not claim land, or place structures within 100 blocks to someone else's claim as claims are saved vertically (bedrock to sky). This is also applied to all horizontal claims as well.
15. Mob farms and grinders are allowed, however, spawners are limited to 3 of the same type and 5 total per 100 block horizontal area. To clarify, the "area" is the X;Z plane. For example, you cannot place spawners 100 blocks ABOVE other spawners. Mob farms are limited to a maximum of 30 mobs. In addition to this, players are NOT permitted to AFK these farms for any period of time to ensure that the server economy remains fair. If you are found AFKing you will be kicked. If you are found AFKing on multiple occurrences, the offending spawners will be removed. Confiscation also applies if any of the area-based rules are found to be broken.
16. You may not assume the identity of another player or a staff member. This includes but is not limited to pretending to be someone else, changing your name to presume someone else’s identity, and claiming that you are a staff member if you are not.
17. Please do not “troll” other players. “Trolling” is defined as: “The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the Internet, using dialogue or physical actions.” Action may be taken if what you have said or done has enraged a player to the point of making a report against you! For this reason, please be sure that you respect other players and do not say or do anything that is deliberately offensive! However, this rule does not include killing; you may not report a player simply because he/she killed you once.
For example, you cannot say that something (defined by the managing staff member) unreasonable is “pissing you off”. Similarly, trivial reasons are also not against the rules! Standing in or around another player’s town does not count as trolling! Punishment will only be considered if the "trolling" was deliberate, offensive, and repeated after warning. Please exercise good judgment regarding the situation before making a report if you believe that someone is trolling you!
18. Attempting to loophole the rules is strictly prohibited! This means that you may not deliberately do or say something that is not “technically” against the rules but barely skims past a rule! For example, you may not make a negative remark about a certain race then claim that you were stating a fact, therefore negating the “racist” aspect of the comment. If a staff member feels that you are loop-holing the rules, you may be punished! Therefore, please steer clear of any rule breaking and make sure that you are exercising good judgment! If you find a loophole in the rules, please notify a staff member or post it on the forums. This helps us make sure that rules are followed on the server as well as allows the rules to remain as accurate as possible. Loop-holing the rules is taken very seriously as attempting to do so after being warned shows disrespect for the rules and staff members.
19. Spamming crates is not allowed. Spamming the crates is defined as: Right clicking on the crate more than once so that multiple keys are used in conjunction to give yourself an unfair advantage. This offense will not be taken lightly and the severity of the punishment is decided upon by the managing staff member.
Yours truly Vivacity Management