ScoutXIII (toast)'s Trainee Application

toast

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

Yes, I have just over 327 hours.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

No, I have not.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

toast#6409

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

I am 16, turning 17 this month.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

Yes, I have played on the server for just over 2 months now. I am relatively new to the forums and understand the general idea, but I’m ready to learn.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

Yes, I have experience with grief prevention and economy plugins, as well as mcmmo. I have done research and learned about coreprotect, but never actually used it.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

Yes. Using a gold shovel, right click the opposing corners of a square/rectangle that covers the land you wish to claim. You can resize claims by right clicking on an established claim corner and then right clicking another block that you wish to extend the claim to. Holding the shovel lets you see the claim (marked by gold blocks and glowstone). Players can only interact with items (breaking blocks, opening chests, buttons, levers, doors, etc.) if they are either the owner of the claim or trusted to the claim with /trust.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

No.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

No, I have not.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

I want to be a trainee because I genuinely enjoy helping others to have a good experience on this server. I value the community greatly and want to help sustain it.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

I first joined on March 15, 2020, so just over 2 months.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

No, I have not.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

Because of quarantine as well as summer approaching, I don’t have a rigid schedule of any kind, so I am on at odd hours of the day. Usually it will be after 10am PST at least, and I often play into the early hours of the morning. I play almost every day.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

A trainee is there to generally help players, answer questions, and handle situations with disputes or disruptive players.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

I would assess the damage (whether it be physical or stealing) and collect screenshots as evidence. I would ask the player who was griefed questions to try to get an idea of the situation, and to see if it’s a claiming issue. Then, if needed, I would likely go to a higher ranking staff member for assistance.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

If one person is complaining of lag, I would ask them about any computer or internet issues, and check their connection on the Tab menu. I would inquire about and look for any mob crowding or redstone machines etc. that might be nearby. If many players are complaining of lag, I would likely go to a higher ranking staff member and notify them of the problem.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

I think 2 warnings are appropriate for most situations, though I understand that there are exceptions.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

Yes, definitely. Bans should always be justified, and evidence is essential in learning and proving the whole story.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

Yes. As I said above, bans should be justified. If someone makes a strong argument or gives evidence that proves innocence, they shouldn’t necessarily be banned.

17. What is your favorite song?

As of right now, it would probably be Pretty Face by PUBLIC (thank you cube for showing it to me)

18. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

CuBe_B0SS and Cletus_11

===============

Cletus_11

Staff member
Trainee
I vouch! You're a very active player and I have seen you help out so many new players, and I know you genuinely care about the server! You're very knowledgeable about the plugins we use, and overall I think you would be a great addition to the team!

Pineapplequeen

Forum Management
Staff member
Trainee
Forum Management
I vouch for you! I know that you put a lot of thought into your application, and it feels very honest and legitimate. You're active in both the vc and the minechat, something that doesn't always happen. You're the kind of person who would put what they're doing down in order to help others. I am obviously biased, but I truly believe that you'd be a great addition to the staff team.

Bartagus

Regular players opinions probs don’t count a lot, and this is old lol, but I vouch! Your a great funny mature person and are fantastic to interact with. Ur also a regular so it’s even better!
Xoxo
-bart