• yes

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Ergenta

Staff member
Owner
So, recently we've been having a ton of problems with crashes due to corrupted chunk, items that didn't convert to 1.13 properly and useless items due to the old enchant plugin no longer being viable. I'm curious what you guys think about a hard reset.

QNA

Q:Why should we reset?
A: It would clean up the main world and regenerate the chunks to the current version. It would also correct a lot of the useless items floating around on the server caused by the outdated enchants plugin

Q:What would happen?
A:Everything would be reset. All items, in-game ranks, money, all worlds. I would be as if it's a new server

Q:Would we keep our donor ranks?
A:Yes. Everything you've received from the donor shop would be given again

Last edited:
Despite getting some great stuff at the drop party last night, I think a complete reset is what the server needs. It will give new players that have joined and stuck around a chance to reach the top of mcmmo. Not only would it give these players a chance, it would make the server run better. It's a waste of server space if certain plugins and chunks are corrupted and/or not working.
TLDR: Reset

BlyDoesMC

Staff member
Helper
I feel like we should, it's a small price to pay. People will leave, and that's not just an opinion. It would create a significant balance. It would also fix the problem of having useless pieces of chunk and plugins; a waste of server space just as Trent said above. The reset wouldn't last forever, we still get to keep donor ranks. We lasted through multiple resets. We can do it again.

-Bly

Looking at this decision from a purely Admin perspective resetting is the logical and more healthy option for the server. As it would clearly promote new connections between the remaining players and may even have the hope of bringing those select players closer together.

However, doing this will rid the server of many players myself included.
The effort I have put into my builds combined with the Grinding of; Jobs, MCMMO, ranks, the unique server drops, etc has caused me to settle into the server quite nicely. I've carved, quite literally, a base out of the ground. It's taken me upwards of 5 days play time to get to where I have so far and if this were a single player world I wouldn't even dream of restarting my base. I've hardly begun, I have a massive list on my desk that I've been steadily checking off and to think I won't finish it genuinely frustrates me.

Starting from the bottom without the assistance we had before will take everyone far longer. Just think, I started when the block shop was bursting with items; the community had loads of items to give out and was also a welcoming environment for new players. Now, without the extra items in the shop building a base is going to be far harder and much more of a pain in the ass. My base took upwards of 120hrs to build and the only reason I stayed is that I could see the progress I was making. Starting from the ground up could be fun, but it will take so damn long. I'm honestly worried that the server will just become another grind for me when it resets as I won't be able to see the end of my projects and it would just feel like id be constantly fighting to return to my previous position.
Whilst the community will still be warm and welcoming as its full of genuinely good people the support/encouragement for new players will be none existent, as such the server will probably stagnate as soon as it resets purely relying on current players and the odd newcomer to prepare it for the majority of players.

If this happens I will just play the current world in single player. Will probably end up joining back again when the server develops. Just heavily against the idea of Grinding money and ranks all over again. if I wanted a damn reset id just server hop and never invest any time into a server.

TL;DR I don't want to grind again as I find my enjoyment in freely building. Voted against and I'll migrate to singleplayer if it happens.

Thanks,
Kieran (risky)

Although I have spent hours playing and there is a feeling of sadnesses to say good bye to my old bases... I think if it is better for the server, then yes! Do what must be done. P.S.: Is there any way we could keep like an inventory of things (both regular and ender chest)? Like maybe some tools and stuffs?

Ergenta

Staff member
Owner
Bit more mixed than I expected. Perhaps I should stop removing items from the market then and re-add all the blocks. I suppose player ran economy is only better on larger servers. Thanks for all the feedback

The real reason why I put this poll up is because there's corrupted chunks on the server and it keeps lagging. It's down right so it can be fixed (hopefully). If it's not fixed, we'd likely have to reset which is why I posted this. The reset would happen eventually. If not next month, it would be closer to October.

Thanks for all the feedback

Last edited:
To the players and staff supporting the reset, please hear our side...

I understand the deliemia the staff has to face and I believe a compromise can be made to both help the server run more smoothly but also please the players who spent countless of hours buildings and grinding.

In a pervious server I was playing in (NobleBending) they had to do a server reset, however players were given an option to save their builds by posting their claims via on message board. People who built towns, cities, complex redstone, knows that it takes time and LOTS of time and deadication. Resetting the server and not letting players save their builds they work hundreds of hours on would be a slap in the face. Not giving players the option to save their build will discourage long time players to countuine to play.

Sure, maybe the new reset will bring in more players. But most of those players will be short term and won't be as invested in the server as long term users are. Give us the option and choice to save our work but also make the server lag free. Minecraft and Viva City is about the experience, experience is gained through time. And to reset the server without saving the builds of those who has spent the most time and effort making this server great, is in turn making their work meanlingless.

I for one, support the reset but if the staff doesn't give players to save their builds and items they grinded for, you're just asking for more players, like me, to log off and go onto another server where they know their builds are there to last.

As always,
Blockworldpro
Tl;dr Give players the option to save their builds via message boards and items they work for hard for when the reset happens.

xGlitch__

a nobody
Staff member
Owner
Just to point out to people that have said or are thinking negatively about the reset - yes, we understand that it could essentially become a grind to redevelop to the point you’re at now, but just to address a few points:

-We aren’t that harsh. The world you’re currently working in/on would be saved and uploaded for anyone to download and enjoy. If you decided that you wanted to keep building something huge, you’d still be free to do so, it’d just be in single player instead.

-The server is only as much of a grind as you make it. We won’t force you to play heavily to get to where you’re comfortable. Play at your own pace, “level up” as it feels natural to do so.

-Cool shit. Not sure about other people, but I personally find it quite entertaining when things become super rare and they’re going for $1000000. It gives people something to aim for if they want, without providing the person owning it a super mega OP perk. If we could reset, it allows us to rebalance everything if needs be and give the server economy more of a boost so it sits between low and undervalued to high and overpriced.

-halp. People often requested that we should “bring back kits!” and “sell OP enchantments!”... We didn’t want to do that because it meant that everyone had a level playing field when they first started out. Rainbow ranks were often miles ahead in the first week because they already had access to everything. This is also the same reason (as well as the above) that we stopped providing buyable spawners. That, paired with major AFKing, screwed over a lot of stuff - the economy mostly.

-halp v2. Transferring items across is something that has always been requested of players over the times we’ve reset. Thing is, carrying over items kinda removes the point of resetting... it also resets us to where already developed players are smashing anyone that is just starting - something notable when people like to compete for the leaderboards of MCMMO. So, I’m afraid it would be very unlikely that we transferred across anything and everything that you already have, even that efficiency 20 pickaxe or Ergenta skull.

-Finally, I think..., you. We want your ideas.
+Want to see more exclusive items in the shops? Tell us.
+Want more places to get xp? Mkay, let’s see.
+Want less restrictive restrictions on restricted restrictions? Sure thing!
+Want to see the downfall of the Ergenta dictatorship? VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
(#brexitmeansbrexit)

The point here is that most of your concerns have a solution. Most of your suggestions are ones that would genuinely benefit more people than you would imagine. The #server-suggestions chat is in Discord for a reason. We do read them! Honestly!
Also, events! People seem to love events cause yay free stuff right? But staff only have so many brain cells between them. So again, share your ideas - especially to Ashlee [Events Manager]. *cough*flex*cough*... Share anything and everything that you think could help improve the server, and we will look into it!

So yeah, *insert poster of war times here* ASHLEE needs YOU!
(I’ll also answer any more questions you might have)

~Glitch xoxo

CuBe

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Forum Management
It's an understandable thing to be upset over losing buildings and progress that you've spent hours on. But inevitably the server will reset and all builds will be lost, and asking this of the staff, to copy and paste and regulate hundreds upon hundreds of builds is, to be blunt, ridiculous. That itself would take hours upon hours to oversee each and every build being placed on the server, which like you very clearly said is not something anyone would like to do.

People are saying this as if staff aren't losing builds and progress that they've earned and worked hard for, but they are. There will always be people who are not a fan of the reset, but again, it is going to happen regardless eventually. The server has lasted many many resets in which I've been a part of and there are always new members and a new community to replace the people who chose to not continue playing.

I'd like to make sure that everyone knows the world will be downloadable, so overall your builds can still be there, you can take the world and do whatever you wish, upload it to single player and so on.

We hear your side, we are your side, no one loves a reset, but again, they are necessary and inevitable to every server. About the copying builds over, there are about three staff members who have the permissions to do that sort of thing, and to expect us to copy hundreds of builds is just not possible, we lose our builds and hard work as well, just like you.

In the end if you are one of many people who end up leaving then best of luck, you can get the world as I said and download it and do as you wish with it. This one if not the best times to reset as everyone's on summer break and able to grind and play as they wish.
Also what glitch said, he posted this like 12 seconds before I posted mine sooo thanks glitch :)
~CuBe

I'm honestly for the reset, I had some cool builds but now that they're built... I do absolutely nothing with them. A friend of mine on the servers a little upset that his main build will go uncompleted, but we've got some super cool ideas for new builds to make once the server resets, and if he wanted to he could always just rebuild it.

I feel like once you play minecraft for long enough, things start to get a little stale and boring, so the reset will give me more things to do and plenty of new goals. Especially since it would help the server with lagging, plugins, and getting rid of the hundreds of claimed areas made by players who havent been on in months, who's builds are clogging up the world and taking up claim spaces.

If we lose a few people, it's a little sad but it's their loss. There's new people joining almost every day, I'm sure the community would easily be able to gain enough new players to make up for losses in a relatively short amount of time.

I'm pretty upset about this, the previous server i played on reset and i came here hoping my stuff would last. I've worked extremely hard on my house for a very long time. A bunch of my friends live with me and all have different parts of my house. I've even actually spent my own money on here. I feel heartbroken its all going to waste.

I'm pretty upset about this, the previous server i played on reset and i came here hoping my stuff would last. I've worked extremely hard on my house for a very long time. A bunch of my friends live with me and all have different parts of my house. I've even actually spent my own money on here. I feel heartbroken its all going to waste.
Anything you bought with real money will stay through the reset.

To the players and staff supporting the reset, please hear our side...

I understand the deliemia the staff has to face and I believe a compromise can be made to both help the server run more smoothly but also please the players who spent countless of hours buildings and grinding.

In a pervious server I was playing in (NobleBending) they had to do a server reset, however players were given an option to save their builds by posting their claims via on message board. People who built towns, cities, complex redstone, knows that it takes time and LOTS of time and deadication. Resetting the server and not letting players save their builds they work hundreds of hours on would be a slap in the face. Not giving players the option to save their build will discourage long time players to countuine to play.

Sure, maybe the new reset will bring in more players. But most of those players will be short term and won't be as invested in the server as long term users are. Give us the option and choice to save our work but also make the server lag free. Minecraft and Viva City is about the experience, experience is gained through time. And to reset the server without saving the builds of those who has spent the most time and effort making this server great, is in turn making their work meanlingless.

I for one, support the reset but if the staff doesn't give players to save their builds and items they grinded for, you're just asking for more players, like me, to log off and go onto another server where they know their builds are there to last.

As always,
Blockworldpro
Tl;dr Give players the option to save their builds via message boards and items they work for hard for when the reset happens.

That would be cool. I have like 3 bases I use, I could maybe just clima one, and have the one to be saved.

On the other hand, erg did say that usually a reset happens in October. So, if it being true, why not just do it now and rip the band-aid off.😁

Meli

I just started to build and play more on server and restart for me means i stop playing. I hate when servers restart or get deleted
I would agree on restart if we could keep our stats/items. Fresh start sounds good but i gathered my staff for way to long to just snap it like Thanos did :(
I know my vote and opinion on this topic means nothing so :/

Edit 1:
I read more comments and decided to write something longer.
First of all, the problems on the server are really caused by going too early into version 1.13 when not all the mods worked, that's how I perceive it.
Secondly, on the server there are about 50-100 active players, at the maximum of 30 at once. With so few people, the players market in my opinion did not make sense. There should be more NPC stores on the server to sell material like redstone, coal etc. There should be a balance between donators rank and getting rank from game money. It should take about 1 year of casual play not milions like now to get to last rank.
Thirdly, the restart has a new start in its assumption, but the players have spent too much time building, farm, grind ect. For me personally there is no point to lose my 2 year effort. If whole serverr get restarted i will just have to leave.
Edit 2:
I don't understand why donators rank would not be restarted. This give a clear advantage for those people in building and grinding after restart. If you pay for server its 1 time, server gets old and owners need to pay for it, 1 time payment should not grant you all time rank, for me this is now how it works.
If donators rank stay, other "normal" should too.

Last edited:

sukkigo

Trainee
your favorite trainee here. gonna keep it short and sweet

there are benefits to resetting.
but the wait for knowing if there is going to be a reset that may happen
has essentially stopped me from playing at the moment.

if it happens thats fine.
if it doesnt thats cool.
could we set a hard deadline to know?

cheers

<3

what about people who have bought claimblocks with real money? will that stay too?
I'm not positive if they will, but I assume anything bought with real money would stay? Since nowhere does it say "Hey these thing you're buying with real money don't last through a reset" it feels unfair since everyone will have assumed it lasts forever.