Red's OLD staff app

Hi, My name is Red my name on the server is RedSoleDay and this is my application for staff on your sever Rainbownation. I hope i can get closer to everyone on the staff team and help out the server.

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)
Yes, I have 3 days and 2 hours played on the sever.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?
No as I have not played Minecraft since 2013 because of PC issues.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)
RedSoleDay#0520

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

-I am 15 years old.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

-No I do not have any experience with the forums, but I would love to learn about them.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

-No, but I can learn very fast.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

-Yes, there is a system in place to where players can claim up to a certain amount of land/blocks. In this "claimed" area other players can not access the claimed players chest, furnaces, break their blocks, or place blocks.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

-No I have never applied for staff on another sever/or service.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

-Yes, back in 2013 before the sever hosting systems or realms existed. I got the sever online but it never took off so I just shut it down.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

-I want to be able to help other players with any issue they may have. I feel like I am a cooperative person and that I would make a great asset to the sever. I want to be able to make a difference on the sever, and help it grow and expand its horizons.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

-I have been playing since December 18, 2018 which isn't that long of a time but it is because i just recently got my new PC.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

-No I have never been banned.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

-I will be on between 12am-12pm on weekends and between 3pm-11am on weekdays because of high-school.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

-A trainees job is to make sure that people on the sever feel safe in a way, and that the sever stays running calmly. As a trainee you must control situations and make sure things don't get out of hand. You also must make sure other players are not harassing each other or being racist or rude to others. As a trainee you must also make sure that people do not grief or hack/mod on the sever.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

-I would first look at the grief-ed area. I would check to see if the player has claimed the area. Then I would ask if the player was on the sever, or afk when the grief happened. I would see if they have anyone trusted on their claimed area. I would take screenshots of the area and the chat log before it happened. Then I would report it to a higher staff position or someone with more power.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

-If it is just one person I would tell them to check their WiFi connection and/or reset their router. If that doesn't work I would say try a Ethernet connection, and if that still doesn't work I would tell them to either restart minecraft/their PC, or try and clean some files off their PC. If multiple people are complaining of sever lag I would report it to a higher position.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

-I would give 2 depending on the situation. If it is just chat spam or harassment I would warn them to stop, then I would mute them, then if they still don't stop i would temp-ban them.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

-Yes, I would take screen-shots of the "scene", and the chat logs of my warnings and what they responded with. I also have geforce experience which allows me to record up to 5 min of things that happened before like a instant replay.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

-Yes, if I have the time I would check them because it is only fair that someone gets to tell their side of the story and sometimes the admins will be busy. Plus, if i was the one that banned them I could help the admins decide if they should appeal the ban because i have extra evidence.

17. Are you a male or female?

-I am Male.

18. What is your favorite song?

-My favorite song is Macklemore x Ryan Lewis "WINGS", because it just helps me calm down and it gives me a happy feeling.

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

-No, not that I know of.

===============

Last edited:

Toaster

Im a kool staff member fam
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't seen you on before, probably just different time zones! Say hi when you are I'd love to meet you! <3