Accepted Pink_RoseBud's Staff Application

Pink_RoseBud

Hi there! My name is Pink_RoseBud and this is my application to become a staff member.

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

4.55 D. = 109.2 Hr.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

Yes I have been a staff member on previous servers. In 2014, I was hired as a Moderator on a server called 'SleepCrafting'. I was then promoted to Senior Moderator on the same server which was re-named 'Somnus'. I worked as a staff member on that server from 2014 - 2016. I then was hired as a staff member and worked my way from Moderator to Admin on a server named 'Owl Academy' from 2016-2018. As of 2018, both servers have been permanently closed. I loved my time working as part of a staff team on both of these servers, and really worked hard to enhance my ability to help others.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

Pink#0804

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

I am 20 years old.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

I do have an account on the forums and did check it daily for any updates or information. I also regularly read any discord updates. I am an active member on the server and try to log on for a minimum of 2-3 hours a day.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

I worked with both towny and land-claim plugins on my previous server, as well as various custom plugins. I also work regularly with the MCMMO plugin and have also worked with different chat plugins on other servers.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

I understand the server's anti-grief system which is land-claim. Using the golden shovel to claim a particular rectangular area. I also understand that playing per hour on the server can earn you 100 more claim blocks. When claiming an area, you can trust players and grant them access to your claim and everything in it including chests and furnaces. I also understand to delete any claims, the player must stand in the claim and use ./abandonclaim.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

Yes, as stated previously, I have been an active staff members from the years 2014-2018. I have been a Moderator, Senior Moderator and Admin on servers known as 'Sleepcrafting', 'Somnus', 'Owl Academy' and 'Somnus Realms'. As of 2018, these serves have been permanently closed down, and I hold no staff positions currently.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

I will admit I have never tried to create my own server. I have had a realm previously but it was only for personal use between myself and my real-life friends. I worked very closely with previous server owners and did work such as forums, design and in-game competitions such as build-offs, costume contests and scavenger hunts.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

I would like to be a trainee on the server to ensure player's experiences on the server are safe and enjoyable. Whether that is handling a particular griefing situation or engaging in general chat with players - having a friendly face to rely on can make a huge difference to the server! I would also really love to get back into being a part of a staff team! Working on Minecraft servers as part of a team has always been a part of my life and I would love to get back to learning from a team and collaborating with others.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

I am unsure as to what date I joined the server but I do think it was in late 2017. I started to become particularly active on the server in spring 2018 after completing my exams. I did take a two month break during this summer of 2018 as I spent my summer in America working with young children at a summer camp. Since returning home I have tried to be active daily and more particularly on weekends. As of current 22nd of November 2018, I have completed my semester of university but I do still have exams and presentations I am studying for. Although, now finishing the semester, I hope to be online even more!

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

I have never been banned on any server.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

I am currently in GMT. I try to be active from around 2am until 7am PST. I usually take regular breaks within this time but try to be active on chat as much as possible. If I am available in the evening, I will also be online from 12pm until 4pm.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

A trainee is a ranking of staff member that handles situations on the server that players may need assistance with. For example, monitoring chat and ensure chat is kept appropriate by all players. Assisting and helping players with any directions they need to navigative the server, such as offering commands and help with custom plugins. Attending to any griefing or hacking situations, and warning the players appropriate. Trainees can also work with other members of a staff team to ensure they are doing the best job possible, and report any situations which are beyond their control. A trainee should also be actively vocal in server chat, discord and forums to keep other players and themselves up to date with any information or game play.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

I would state in chat that I am available to help the situation. I would then request to teleport to the player to assess the situation. Depending on the situation, I would identify what has been destroyed and rollback whatever is missing. If the area that was griefed I would advise the player to claim the area so this situation does not happen again in the future. I would then warn/ban players according to the scale of the grief. If I needed further assistance I would contact another staff member. During the situation I would also take appropriate screenshots of any log blocks and griefed areas in case of a future ban appeal or for any further investigation.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

Often times, lag can be a personal player issue and not a wide-range server issue. I would ask the player to check their connection levels to their internet and see if they can do anything on their end to reduce personal lag. If the server is indeed lagging, I would contact and let the staff team know the time and how many players were on to experience lag. Previously, when working as an admin on a server I have had access to console to reduce lag. I understand as a trainee I would not be granted this permission, and so I am open to learning other ways in which this server works to reduce lag.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

On previous servers, I have worked on a 1-10 point warning system. If a player reaches 5 points they received a 1 or 2 day temp ban and kept all previous warning points. If the player reached 10 warning points, they would be placed on a permanent ban and asked to create an appeal. I understanding warning points and temporary/permanent bans is individual to every situation and so when giving a temporary ban I would consider the situation. For example, inappropriate chat logs or major grief could require a temporary ban so that the player understands this is not tolerated and to continue playing on the server, they much follow the rules.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

As stated previously, I would take appropriate screenshots of any chat logs or destroyed blocks depending on the appropriate situation. This evidence could be used in the future to update staff members of the situation, or if the banned or warned player creates a ban appeal.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

As of recent, I regularly check the forums and did familiarise myself with the style of a ban appeal to understand how this process happens. I also regularly check the report-a-player section of discord. As a staff member, I would still frequently check the ban appeals section.

17. Are you a male or female?

I identify as a female.

18. What is your favorite song?

I love anything Bastille! I listen to a lot of music and also attend a lot of live gigs! Feel free to ask me for music recommendations!

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

I haven't spoken to anyone about a recommendation. I spoke to XxGreginatorxX and CanadianLady74 about the application process to have a better understanding on how to apply.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! I hope you will consider me for a future position on your staff team! :)

PapadeSucre

This is sooo long overdue but I 100% vouch, I've been seeing you a lot more often lately and I always got good vibes from you. It's been long enough, I hope this will bring some attention to this overlooked application

Cheers <3
Christina