Pahmifier's Trainee Application

Pahmifier

Staff member
Trainee
For the sake of convenience I have copied every question before answering them.

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

I have played for 5.19 days, mostly in the past 2 weeks. I have been on the server since mid-January.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

Unfortunately, I can not remember the name of the server. It was very small and insignificant, and I did not play any major role besides building and helping others.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

My discord username is desuno#1228.

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

- I am 18 years old.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

- Yes, albeit not as much as others. I believe that I have a good grasp on how the forums/server works.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

- Only the basics of the basics: I know how to install plugins (in theory), and popular plugins like SimpleCore. There is much room for improvement however, and I am willing to make an effort to change that.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

- Yes, I have unfortunately had the experience of being griefed myself, which gave me the opportunity to see how staff handles such cases. I believe that I understand the anti-grief system well enough to be able to explain it to newcomers.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

- As stated above, I do not.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

- No serious attempts, except for one time I tried with people I met online. We ran in to financial problems however so we had to shut it down.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

- The idea first popped in to my mind when I noticed that there is not always staff online in certain time frames. Since I live in the Netherlands, I thought that I would prove useful as a staff who is online while other staff are not.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

- I have been on the server for 5.2 days, I joined somewhere in January.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

- No, I have never been banned before.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

- PST 00:00 ~ 03:00, 11:00~17:00. Often I can be online between 23:00~17:00 PST. During 17:00~23:00 PST I am sleeping or laying in bed.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

- I have heard that a trainee is a position one starts out with before becoming staff, in order to learn how to be staff. This means that within acceptable bounds a trainee is supposed to do what staff does, but more importantly behave like one. This may or may not include helping other people, whether they be newcomers or regulars, and keeping an eye out to keep the online environment clean.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

- In case I am online (in the game) I would immediately ask for a teleport and reassure the person who has been griefed that everything will be okay. Hereafter I would ask for details (what exactly was griefed, is it in a claim, who was trusted, etc.) and circumstances (did something happen with someone, is there something going on). Then using the anti-grief system I will make sure that there is proof, and confront the person who did it. Depending on the case and my authority, I will hand out a punishment.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

- It depends on whether the problem lies with the person or the server, but I would firstly reassure them that they have been heard, and that staff is ready to help. In case it has to do with the server, I will contact Mr. Ergenta, or someone else with the authority and knowledge to do something about it.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

- Two. Since I would be VERY clear the first time, there should be no reason for a second warning. However it often happens that one can not cease with what they were doing immediately, or somehow still misunderstood. That is why I see it fit to have two warnings. The third time it happens, I will have to temp-ban the person, to reinforce the rules. I do want to make clear however that I handle everything case by case.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

- Yes, I would definitely collect evidence, primarily to avoid any misunderstandings.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

- Yes, since it is my job to listen to others. I would not touch the bans however if it does not lay within my authority to do so.

17. What is your favorite song?

- Oh no, do I have to answer this one? (Oddloop by frederic, the dance is just... way too catchy :p)

18. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

- Yes, but I do hope to get along with every staff member, to the point where they would recommend me too.

===============

I hope I answered every question clearly, if there is anything else you would like to ask, send me a dm on discord: desuno#1228

Aesrial

Staff member
Trainee
Vouch.

Hi Pah, I really liked your application, it is full of detail, and your grammar is good, you actually answered honestly when applying, as seen in questions #2 and #3 instead of lying like it happened in applications/servers I've worked before, I really appreciated that. I like that you stated that you look to improve and I can see that you are very active.

odonai

Staff member
Helper
Vouch :)

I can only see a new European trainee as an absolute win hahah. You were concise in your answers and more articulate than some native speakers who have applied in the past. That shows you're serious about it. From personal experience with you I know you're kind and reliable too.