Odonai's Staff Application

odonai

Hello everyone! Here is my application for trainee. Thank you for considering!

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server?

Yes, I currently have 4 days and a half logged on the server.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

I was a helper on the French server "TheUniversCraft". It is completely dead now but garnered a good number of players a few years ago.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

Ishei#4279

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

- I'm 18, turning 19 in a few weeks.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

- Yes, I play on the server daily, meaning I have a good understanding of its rules and functionalities. I have been on the forums before and have no issue using them.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

- I know how to use most moderation functions (banning, tempban, mute, kick) and I also have some experience with WorldEdit if that ever comes in handy later down the line.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

- Yes. To prevent griefing, players are asked to claim their property. The easiest way to do so is to acquire a golden shovel from /kit guide. Using it on opposite corners results in the player claiming the area between the corners. It is protected from bedrock to sky limit and other players will be unable to break anything in the area, open chests and doors or set a home.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

- Answered above, but I can expand by adding that I have been a forum moderator and administrator several times. It gave me the opportunity to learn how to work with a small community, organize events for it and keep it engaged.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

- Once, with a cousin. Can't say it worked out too well! We simply ended up learning how to make different minigames work, which was fun in itself.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

- I care about this server a lot, because its community has been very open and helpful with me. Thus, I am in turn eager to help newcomers feel welcomed, heard and supported when starting their journey. Otherwise, I have witnessed many disruptions by players that I would like to help handle when other staff members are busy or offline. I also live in a European timezone (France) meaning I can be online earlier than American staff and help players at these hours. As long as I can help, I'm satisfied!

8. How long have you been on the Server?

- I started playing during July 2019, before the reset.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

- Never.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

- During breaks and weekends, I can be on anytime between 1am PST (morning for me) and 7pm PST (late night for me), generally later than earlier. During class weeks, I can be on between 9am PST and 15pm PST.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

- From my understanding, a trainee's main role is to provide help to the players. Although more important tasks are reserved for higher ups, they serve as helping hands when it comes to giving advice and answers to the players' questions, as well as moderating chat and obtaining evidence for staff.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

- I would ask them to show me the specific property that has been griefed. Then, I would take screenshots as evidence of the damage (if it is visible) and notify staff immediately. I might also encourage the player to claim their property so that it does not happen again.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

- If a small proportion of players (1 or 2) is complaining, I would advise them to check whether or not the lagging is due to them rather than the server. However, I would ask in chat whether this is an issue for others as well. If more people are complaining about the server lagging, I would notify staff members immediately, so that they can hopefully resolve the issue.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

- I would give 2 to 3 warnings depending on the circumstances, but never less or more than that.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

- Yes. In my opinion, this is a crucial part of the process, as it would make it a fair trial in which no information is being hidden from the banned player or the rest of staff. Evidence is key in justifying the ban, or discussing it.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

- Yes, I would try to check the forums every few days, at least once a week to see how it evolves or if any mistakes have been made.

17. What is your favorite song?

- The one song that always makes me feel great is FROOT by Marina and The Diamonds. Listen to it ;)

18. Any staff member recommend you?

- Sleepy and Jello recommend me and have encouraged me to apply.

Thank you for reading! I'm open to any criticism, please give your honest opinion.

Greg

Staff member
Forum Management
Vouch I like seeing a lot of detail in applications I wish you the best of luck!