Chazbears' (Jaz) Trainee application

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff.

at the moment of checking I have 5.52 days playtime.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

My most recent staff experience was on a server called "NemeGaming" I stopped being staff on there as I stepped away from Minecraft for life reasons (all good now) but I have been playing Minecraft for almost 10 years now, I have been playing since I was very young .

3. What is your discord username?

Jaz#6666.

1. How old are you? (In years)

- 19 (about 110 in dog years).

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

- I have been playing on your server for quite a bit now, I have peeped at the forums every now and then, although I understand the concept and I think I've used identical forum styles before, I frequent on the Discord server to just see how things are going.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

- I have a lot of experience with basically all plugins on the server and generally most of the super common plugins, I have experience playing online Minecraft for since it came out, if I ever find a new plugin I will usually research the whole thing.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

-I have watched basically all the tutorials for the anti grief system and I know how to claim and how the claims work, I have an understanding of how all the claim commands work on a regular player kind of level.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

-I have been staff on quite a lot of Minecraft servers, not quite many lately as I haven't been playing on those servers, I have been mostly playing on small vanilla servers with close friends where staff wasn't needed, but I have usually held a staff position on every server that I played over 100 hours on, I have literally too many to list and most of them are dead now, except the most recent one maybe is "NemeGaming" and I was a Skywars and Skyblock moderator who dealt with hackers who used hacks for combat reasons and also other general hacks when it came to Skyblock but also chat moderation and action moderation (griefing and drama), also I have a job at a grocery store that requires me to have customer service skills.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

-I have hosted quite a few small scale servers for close friends, I have never hosted a public server but I completely understand what hosting a server is like.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

-I would like to become a "trainee" as I have been on the server quite a while now, and every now and then I see some annoying member breaking some rule like spamming, or just causing issues with other members of the server, instead of me having to tell a staff or make a complaint in the Discord help channel that someone is breaking some kind of rule I would probably be better suited to handle the issues at hand if I had trainee abilities, I also would just love to help the server do better as a whole as my entire goal as being a trainee and potentially more, I just love helping people in games and specifically Minecraft.

8. How long have you been on the server?

- I joined the Discord server exactly 1 month ago from today (21st March, joined the Discord 21st February) although I must have joined about a week before I joined the Discord server so I joined roughly mid February.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

-I haven't been banned

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

- I have quite a random work schedule so I can be on anywhere between 13:00 PST and 8:00 PST, I live in Australia so my time is all over the place for me that's 8 am to 3 am

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

-a trainee to my understanding is someone who is basically in a trial for becoming a future staff member, they have access to mute and kick I believe, and basically report any major issues to a higher up.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

-First off I would figure out if the complain is legitimate, if I find out that it is in-fact legitimate or inconclusive that they were griefed, I would let other staff members know and also tell the person who got griefed to report the issue on either the Discord or forums, if I have access to commands that let me know if someone has interacted with a certain area (like coreprotect) I would do so, figuring out who did it and punishing them accordingly depending on the severity I.E a warning or an actual ban, while also potentially rolling back the area back to when it wasn't griefed, unless another staff member had to do that, when it's all sorted let staff know that it's been dealt with and after all of that I would personally show the person how to claim land.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

-Try to figure out what might be causing the lag, and also making sure that the lag isn't on their side, if I find the issue with the lag, figure out a resolve and also let higher up staff know what's going on as it might be on the server side.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

-It really depends on what I am warning them on, if it was severe enough it could be an instant ban, if it was minor stuff it would be like 2 or 3 warnings, might have a mute or a kick involved to help send the message, but if everything I can do won't stop them from doing what they are doing wrong then I guess 2 -3 clear official warnings before a temp ban.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

-I have actually already screenshot issues and reported them to a staff member when I see an issue, I have a nice habit of cataloguing everything, on a previous staff experience I had on a combat server I would actually record incidents just incase it was needed.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

-I would of course check up on the ban appeals and giving input on them if there are any that I can offer valid input on.

17. Are you a male or female?

-yes. no but for real this question is kind of odd

18. What is your favorite song?

- my music taste is super fluid and I cannot define a single favourite song, but I will just say 1 song I've been listening to quite a lot for the past few weeks "THIS MAN FLEW TO JAPAN TO SING ABBA IN A BIG COLD RIVER" by Austin Weber.

19. Any staff member recommend you?

- CanadianLady74 and Christina.

Thanks for reading my application.
~ Jaz.

BlyDoesMC

Staff member
Helper
A complete vouch! You are a relatively active person, your application is phenomenal and you would be a great addition to our staff team!

-Bly,
Good luck!

Ghost

Staff member
This is a response from Ghost and Tina
Vote: Vouch
The application is well done, and we both know you personally on the server. You are extremely friendly and kind, and always looking to make conversations with people, and also willing to help others and show others. We think you would be a good member to the team.
-Ghost & Tina

Greg

Staff member
Forum Management
Neutral because I do not know you well enough to vouch or object.