BlyDoesMC's Trainee Application

BlyDoesMC

Staff member
Helper
General Questions

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)
Yes; as of the time typing this application, I have 9.98 days logged on- almost 10 days. I have been playing for much longer, though.
2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?
I have not, other than the servers my friends create for our liking.
3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)
Ebotresis Dragonbane#4970.
Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

-As of now, I am eleven years in age, and my birthday will be coming up on December 11th.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

-I have acquired knowledge of the forums during the time of my first application (I had to redo it, due to the IP change) and have lots of knowledge on the server, being on it for years and loving it.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

-I have simple and basic knowledge of MCMMO, it is a plugin that gives you stats (i.e. Unarmed) and gives you more levels during the session that you are using that skill. You have abilities, such as super breaker to mine very swiftly for a few seconds. It also has a few things such as parties and some commands (such as /stats).
This server used to have slimefun, it is a plugin that has over 400 new items (from what I understand) and has very special mechanics such as new mini-builds that give you access to craftable items! This plugin also adds some commands, starting with /sf.
The anti-grief plugin is also what I understand, it is a plugin that-when given the required amount of claim blocks- gives you access to a restricted area that you own-you can also /trust players to build or use things in your claim, it prevents griefing.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

-Yes, I understand it as it is currently. It is a plugin that lets you claim with a golden shovel, making a square of claimed land using claim blocks by selecting two parallel corners and creating a claim around your build, which other players do not have access to building or breaking-interacting with other objects too. However, this can be bypassed with the permission of the owner of the claim via /trust (Player's name) and letting that player gain access to your build.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

-Yes, I have on some of my friends' temporary servers to mess around and do stuff-not on official servers, though. Me and my friends just mess around with things on their server for a while, then we get bored and start doing other stuff.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

-I have not tried making my own server, as I do not have the money required to own one, let alone hire staff and buy plugins for the server. Servers are investments that are a tad bit costly, except as they are investments you go big or go home-you either earn money from the players or you do not gain profit.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

-I want to be a trainee because I love this server, and I would love to commit and contribute to this server to make it greater than it already is! This server has a sweet spot in my heart, I have dedicated so much time in this server, I admire and love the community here too!

8. How long have you been on the Server?

-According to the statistics, I have been online for 9.98 days as of writing this, however I have been on for about 2 to 4 years-before and after the reset.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

-I have never been banned, not on this server nor any others-I do not want to be banned either.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

-It will depend on the day and what I am doing.
School days: 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Weekends: 12:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Vacations: Depends on where I am, if I am on the hotel then it becomes the weekend times. If I am exploring the area, lets say Las Vegas, I will be away from my computer, away from the hotel.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

-

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

-

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

-If only one person were to have lag, I would check their ping-if they have less than 4 bars then they might have to reconnect; and that is exactly what I would tell them.
However, if many were to say they have lag, there might be a lag-machine or too many entities. If not, I would ask for the assistance of another staff member who has lots of experience with lag, if there are any online.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

-Before temp-banning someone, I would give 1-3 warnings depending on the severity. People can make mistakes sometimes~

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

-Of course, if there is a victim or any bystanders, I would ask them questions about the rulebreaker, and figure out if they broke a rule or not. If they have screenshots and can share on Discord, I would ask if they have any more and after that, I decide if they get banned or not depending on the evidence.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

-Frequently? I do not think I would check it frequently, but sometimes, as I think that this community is mostly lovable and kind and would never stand to break a rule! Exceptions are people who do not know what the rules are, or are just misunderstood!

17. Are you a male or female?

-I am a male.

18. What is your favorite song?

-I have many favorite songs, some of which are:
Country Roads by John Denver
Africa by Toto
All Star by Smash Mouth
Believer by Imagine Dragons
7 Years by Lucas Graham
You're the Best Around
Some of the Minecraft Update Songs by YourMCAdmin
Notable TheFatRat songs, such as Jackpot
Game songs such as the Undertale Menu Theme Song
Many of the songs I like have no lyrics, such as Masked Dedede - Kirby Triple Deluxe

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

-As of now, I do not think any staff members have recommended me as staff.

===============