Astrcnauts Trainee Application

Astrcnaut

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)
-Yes,I have (currently) 4 days of gameplay on the server.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?
-No,I have not been a Staff member of any other server.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)
-My username is Astrcnaut#4950.

Staff Questions:

1. How old are you? (In years)

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?
-Not to many experiences, but I'm sure I will read them, I have read some forums to get an understanding of the server and community though.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?
-I'm not to familiar with plugins, but I'll come around to learning them soon.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?
-Yes, the anti-grief system is when a person is equipped with a golden shovel, then they can click the corners of where they would like to build they can /trust <player> or /untrust <player> to have someone else build in their claim. To abandon a claim do /abandonclaim.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?
-No, I have not been a staff on any other server.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?
-If Minecraft Realms counts then yes it worked fantastically, but otherwise no.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?
-I would like to become a trainee because I find the server to be really fascinating and fun, filled with amazing people who I would never get to meet if I hadn't stumbled across this amazing community.

8. How long have you been on the Server?
-If I remember correctly in April, or just a bit before the restart.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?
-No, I haven't been banned on any servers (phew) and hopefully never will be.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)
-When busy(school Etc.), probably around 4:00 pm-6:00 pm (Approximately 2-4 hours), but on my free times it can range anywhere between 5-7 hours~ (UK time)

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain
-After reading the server rules, I have concluded that, a trainee should protect the players and people on the server from Racist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced remarks and slurs(as said in the server rules), not only that but also being mature and making mature choices and decisions that help those in need when asking questions.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"
-In a situation were a player has been griefed, I would work to find out who did it, asking questions such as "Do you know anyone who could have done it?", "Have you claimed the area?", Etc. If however the area was not claimed I would go over the steps and provide materials if necessary. And if those answers would be answered with a players name I would give them a warning, If that player refuses to stop or repeats the process again I would put them on temp ban for around an hour.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?
-There are many reasons why a server might be lagging, (to many people and not enough RAM, to many mobs/items and not enough RAM Etc.) I would restart the server or ask for help, but if a single person is lagging I would tell them to restart the launcher or turn down their render distance.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?
-For a temp ban, I wouldn't give them to many warnings nor to little, I would say 3 because a player should already know that if the first time a staff member said anything about it hurting a player or in any case an action worth of punishment, it would be obvious that they're not supposed to continue or proceed with the action or continuing more.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?
-Yes, of course I would, it wouldn't be fair if someone was framing a player or a player was wrongly accused, I would have to be close to certain that it was the person, (I still need to figure out how to send screenshots).

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?
-If it would make me become more of a help and a better staff member to the server, I wouldn't hesitate.

17. What is your favorite song?
-To help answer the question I love Queen, so it would be a hard question to answer, it's either Killer Queen or Bohemian Rhapsody, but my favourite style of music is Lofi Hip Hop.

18. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)
It's less of a recommendation and more of an inspiration, lots of helpers have been kind to me and I want to show the same respect to those who were once like me.

===============

Last edited:

Ergenta

Staff member
Owner
Sorry for the late reply. I'll post it in discord. We've got a lot of staff currently so it might get rejected based on that.

BlyDoesMC

Staff member
I am sorry, but I think I'm going to object.

It doesn't seem like you know that much about the server, I think you need more knowledge on things like the plugins on the server to be able to help people with the plugins. I'm sorry, but please do come back when you have more knowledge as I think you have potential.

Good luck!
-Bly