An appeal for forgiveness, more so from staff than from the ban itself. ( Bart)

Bartagus

Please no vague answers (no one-word answers for questions you could elaborate on)
Bartagus's Ban Appeal

Ban Appeal
In-Game Name: Bartagus ( Bart )

( I'm sorry about random spaces, my space bar is broken, I'm doing my best to fix it manually)

Discord Id: bartagus #3694

Reason for ban: Stealing

Who you were banned by: Venge / Cube

Why you believe you should be un-banned:

As you know, my account was banned for stealing originally for 3 days, for a sword from piper, and then items (player heads, I believe) from Chinu. This new ban (as of now, 30 days 15 hours) is for a large amount of items taken from a players storage. ( I have seen the screenshots of what was taken shown by core protect) I know that many staff and players are suprised and dissapointed in me, have lost trust in me, and maybe even now actively dislike me. It is that, more than the ban, for which I post this. As many of you may know, on the eve of my original 3 day ban, I told staff ( a group consisting of jello, cube, Venge and Pine) That while I am responsible for the sword, the heads taken from chinu were not my doing but my 12 year old cousin, Jerod, currently living with my family due to a custody battle. That reason was not givin validity as I had no proof, and I myself realize its probably a common fake excuse to use. For this ban I come to you with proof that while my account was used to take the items, it was my young cousin not I doing the taking. Core protect showed I had taken the items 270 hours ago, as shown on the screenshots sent to me by jesus, taken very early this morning. If you do the math, this lands us right in the time I worked, 2- 9:30 pm, May 20th. So it was not I but my cousin who took these items. In addition to this more solid proof I can only offer this reasoning:
I honestly wouldn’t take any of the items that were shown stolen, what use have I for resources? My storage room is full. Why would I need armor or weapons, I already have almost one of each and op armor, I don’t care abt items of monetary value, I’m the richest on the server atm, I could just buy what I wanted- which isn’t a whole lot to be honest, and if I was that greedy I wouldn’t give new ppl or close friends items for free (ie Astro when she lost her stuff etc). Diamonds and other minerals hold no use to me, we can get much better tools via crates, and even those hold little interest since I have so many better ones than what one would find at the base that was raided.
Now if u were to believe me when I say it was my cousin, please picture this: he’s a 12 year old in a new Minecraft world, not being an experienced player at all, and sees resources that normally are worth a lot to any vanilla player starting out, and op diamond stuff. Unless you knew my storage as well as I do, that stuff would be worth stealing and so he would, and I seriously doubt he read the rules (tho he’s not dumb so this is a limb to go out on) he may not have realized the implications of what he was doing.
Furthermore, I would like to give one last reason, and it is this. Why would I spend an ungodly amount of hours playing, socializing, making friends- and a lot of money buying ranks, keys etc, just to throw it all away for some pixelated items.

Like I said in the title of this though, this is not so much a ban appeal as it is an apology, and a hope to clear some of the distrust and anger you must feel towards me. I came here not so much to seek a repeal of ban time as I did to try and prove my personal innocence (not my accounts) in this matter, and to apologize directly to all of you for letting you so severely down. I ... dont have many irl friends, and so I consider all of you to be my friends as if I knew you in real life. I prize your esteem, trust, and friendship more than any block, ban appeal, or item. Getting to know all of you wonderful people has been my privlege and it truly made me tear up when I realized how low you must think me now. Minecraft is a game, but I consider you all to be my online family, which is honestly prefferable most of the time since my irl one is so screwed up. If i try hard it is because I want to seem cool, if I come off as a jerk it is because this all, you all, mean the world to me.

Valid or not, my reasoning for my own innocence does not absolve the accounts innocence, and should you choose to make no change due to that factor, I understand that. I just want to express here how I know this has hurt our bond, and that is what I care about repairing most of all.

Thank you for reading, I know this was long but I have a lot of feelings about it.

[OPTIONAL] Proof of innocence: ( I have tried to put a photo of the aforementioned work schedule here, if it doesn't work, I am more than happy to send it to people via discord dms )

1588356906996.jpeg

Bartagus

( Sorry I left part of the formatting post at the top, I tried to cleanly copy paste it here so I didnt leave out one of the parts required)

CuBe

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Forum Management
To start off this is not as personal as you think. Yes it was disappointing to see your name arise after inspecting chests, but doesn't make me think any less of you as a person. You're still fun to talk to and I consider us friends, and I would assume that is the same thought process for everyone else. It is the rules, it is the job, there's no exceptions for friends, (unfortunately) so again do not take this as a personal spite or an attempt at ruining our friendships with you as no one has that intent.

Now for the serious part. You were right when you said that this excuse is used quite frequently, which is why it's come to have very little meaning in the appeal world. You seemed to not agree with me when I said that in the call but then didn't feel the need to elaborate on why. As you said, the account is not innocent, we do not ban the player/person we ban the account. Is what I'd typically say to someone in your position, but the effort you have put into this appeal is not a typical circumstance, you've gathered proof which is respectable and will be considered. There is no questioning your care for the server and the people on it, you've spent lots of time and money on here, creating relationships with everyone, some good, a few bad, regardless you have made an impact on the server which I would consider mostly positive.

I think there's one easy fix to this, stop letting your cousin play on your account, if not that at least the server to avoid situations like these. You should've played it safe when I said that if I find other items stolen I will ban you for a month :(

I'm not removing your ban, you will still be banned, but I will reduce it. 30 days was an exaggeration to ensure you were saying the truth when I asked if you had stolen anything else and honestly I had no intent in doing it as I believed you. I'll have to talk with everyone else involved in the ban for their suggestions on what the new time will be, the lowest will be a week I can tell you that. I will give you back your discord permissions so you are able to chat through there as the whole point of this appeal was to keep in touch and stay friends with everyone. Which would be difficult if you were unable to voice call or text through discord.

What do you think should happen? Your opinion on the ban and how long it should be?

I look forward to seeing you online, whenever that may be.

~CuBe
P.S. I still need you to make me that angel statue, and I cannot wait a month for that.

Bartagus

To start off this is not as personal as you think. Yes it was disappointing to see your name arise after inspecting chests, but doesn't make me think any less of you as a person. You're still fun to talk to and I consider us friends, and I would assume that is the same thought process for everyone else. It is the rules, it is the job, there's no exceptions for friends, (unfortunately) so again do not take this as a personal spite or an attempt at ruining our friendships with you as no one has that intent.

Now for the serious part. You were right when you said that this excuse is used quite frequently, which is why it's come to have very little meaning in the appeal world. You seemed to not agree with me when I said that in the call but then didn't feel the need to elaborate on why. As you said, the account is not innocent, we do not ban the player/person we ban the account. Is what I'd typically say to someone in your position, but the effort you have put into this appeal is not a typical circumstance, you've gathered proof which is respectable and will be considered. There is no questioning your care for the server and the people on it, you've spent lots of time and money on here, creating relationships with everyone, some good, a few bad, regardless you have made an impact on the server which I would consider mostly positive.

I think there's one easy fix to this, stop letting your cousin play on your account, if not that at least the server to avoid situations like these. You should've played it safe when I said that if I find other items stolen I will ban you for a month :(

I'm not removing your ban, you will still be banned, but I will reduce it. 30 days was an exaggeration to ensure you were saying the truth when I asked if you had stolen anything else and honestly I had no intent in doing it as I believed you. I'll have to talk with everyone else involved in the ban for their suggestions on what the new time will be, the lowest will be a week I can tell you that. I will give you back your discord permissions so you are able to chat through there as the whole point of this appeal was to keep in touch and stay friends with everyone. Which would be difficult if you were unable to voice call or text through discord.

What do you think should happen? Your opinion on the ban and how long it should be?

I look forward to seeing you online, whenever that may be.

~CuBe
P.S. I still need you to make me that angel statue, and I cannot wait a month for that.
Thank you so much cube, this really means a lot to me! Thanks for also giving back perms, not bein able to chat with people would've really been tough. As to my opinion on the ban and its length, I do understand the severity of the stolen items, and a week to a week and a half would be most appreciated of you all to reduce it to. Of course I respectfully differ to the opinions of you and the other staff should you choose to agree or disagree. I have already changed my password to my laptop to ensure Jerod no longer has access, on the promise I'll get him his own account for his birthday ( God help minecraft lol)
He wont trouble us again :).
I look forward to talking to all again
-Bart

~p.s. the angel statue will be the first thing done when im back XD